In this episode I talk about how you can take in and use the information that you hear on this podcast without feeling overwhelmed. So far there have been 30 guests and 15 solo episodes and it can sometimes feel like a lot to digest.
I offer up some ideas to sift through and figure out what will be most useful to you personally and how you can actually do it when you likely have so much else to do.
Topics that I cover:
- Decision Paralysis: too many choices to choose from
- How can we choose what to focus on?
- First, remember that we do not have to do it all and we teach in different situations (levels, languages, interest, demographics).
- Second, remember that none of this happened in a day. Teachers are regularly working on their teaching effectiveness.
- Third, think about what is discussed and suggested with this lens:
- I can likely do this tomorrow.
- This needs a little prep, so I’ll do it next week.
- That will be effective in the _____ unit, so I’ll try it when that unit comes up.
- The concept is a bit of a change in approach for me and I want to sit with it and learn a little more because it is more of a mindset shift for me, so next year I’ll prioritize trying it out.