This episode was recored live during the National Foreign Language Center’s Virtual Summit. Ben Tinsley, a French teacher in Pennsylvania, joins me to talk about equitable feedback in the language classroom. We all know how essential feedback is for students in their language learning process, but does feedback look the same for all students. Ben Tinsley provides insights along with actionable suggestions.
Topics in this episode:
- Culturally Responsive Teaching and how it benefits students.
- Important terminology:
-Equity vs. Equality
-Inclusive Teaching vs. Anti-Racist Teaching
- Common inequitable ways of grading/assessment and providing feedback and what we teachers can do so that we are being more equitable.
- How we can be more intentionally equitable.
Connect with Ben Tinsley:
- Twitter (@AfroFranco2)
- Instargram (@AfroFranco2)
- Facebook Group (AfroFranco)
- Website: Afrofranco.com
Teachers want to hear from you and what you are proud of in your classroom. Join me on the podcast. We record conversations remotely, so you can be anywhere.