In this episode we talk about dual immersion programs. You may be wondering what the difference is between immersion and dual immersion? Francesco Fratto joins me today to clarify and talk us through the process he and his district went though to implement their program. Francesco is the Director of World Languages, Language Immersion & English as a New Language in Herricks Public Schools in New Hyde Park, NY.
Francesco speaks in detail about:
- what immersion and dual immersion programs are and how they work.
- the articulation of the Herricks Public Schools’ dual immersion program and the steps they took to implement the program.
- the goals of the program, how they measured, and entry requirements.
- the logistics: finding qualified teachers, promoting the program, student retention, parental concerns around things such as L1 literacy development.
Connect with Francesco Fratto:
- Email: FFratto@herricks.org
Work with Joshua either in person or remotely.