In this episode we discuss building and leading a proficiency-based language department. Tim Eagan, the 6-12 Department Head of World Languages in Wellesley, MA, joins me to talk about his experience leading his department through the process of embracing proficiency.
Topics in the episode:
- contemporary and emerging research and the shift in approach and expectations.
- what collaboration looks like in a proficiency-based department and how this supports consistency, particularly with assessments.
- the objectives and benefits of using success criteria in a language department.
- the essential role of feedback in a proficiency-based program.
- how we get our department members on board.
Connect with Tim Eagan
- Twitter: @tjeag
Work with Joshua either in person or remotely.
Teachers want to hear from you and what you are proud of in your classroom. Join me on the podcast. We record conversations remotely, so you can be anywhere.