In this episode we discuss building and leading a proficiency-based language department. Tim Eagan, the 6-12 Department Head of World Languages in Wellesley, MA, joins me to talk about his experience leading his department through the process of embracing proficiency.
Topics in the episode:
- contemporary and emerging research and the shift in approach and expectations.
- what collaboration looks like in a proficiency-based department and how this supports consistency, particularly with assessments.
- the objectives and benefits of using success criteria in a language department.
- the essential role of feedback in a proficiency-based program.
- how we get our department members on board.
Connect with Tim Eagan
- Twitter: @tjeag
Teachers want to hear from you and what you are proud of in your classroom. Join me on the podcast. We record conversations remotely, so you can be anywhere.