If you listed to episode 19 with Trudy Anderson you heard her talk about using Jessica Haxhi’s acronym M.A.G.I.C. in the language classroom. This stands for Movement, Authentic Resources, Games, Interaction and Communication. The focus on this episode is games. I speak with Kevin Quigley, a French and Spanish teacher in Vermont, and he shares several low-prep target languages games that you can use in your classroom tomorrow (or even today).
Kevin speaks about:
- why games, and student engagement in general, are beneficial
- misconceptions about games
- several effective games and activities that you use in the classroom right away
- how often we should use a particular game
- the important of mixing up games
Connect with Kevin Quigley: