In this episode we talk about the concept of Microinstruction. This approach is being applied in general education contexts, but we we speak about how it can be used specifically in the language classroom. I’m joined by Lindsay Mitchell, a Spanish teacher in New Hampshire, who talks about her own personal experience and success with Microinstruction.
Lindsay speaks about:
- the skill set from her previous profession that she brought to her teaching
- obstacles and challenges that she saw in her classroom that led her to look for other approaches
- the concept of microinstruction and its benefits
- what a lesson looks like using the microinstruction approach
- the levels and content best suited to microinstruction
Connect with Lindsay Mitchell:
- Twitter: @linzemitchell
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
French and Spanish Teaching Position at the Brookwood School in Manchester, MA.
Work with Joshua either in person or remotely.