Have you attended a conference specifically for language teachers, either locally, regionally or nationally. If you have, this episode will get you excited about the upcoming conference season. If you’ve never attended, you’ll be inspired to attend for sure. Danja Mahoney and Vilma Nasuti Bibeau, both members of their state language conference planning committee, join me to explore everything that these events have to offer and all that’s in it for language teachers. I live for PD, workshops and a good ol’ conference. I’m so excited.
Topics in this episode:
- Benefits of attending a conference for world language teachers
- What typically happens at a language teacher’s conference?
- Who presents at conferences?
- Events and activities that are typically available to conference attendees.
- Networking opportunities, social gatherings and exhibitors.
- How language teacher conferences foster collaboration among attendees.
Connect with Vilma, Danja and MaFLA:
- X/Twitter: @MaFLAonline , @vbibeau1
- LinkedIn: Vilma Nasuti Bibeau Ed.D.
- State, Regional and National Language Organizations
Teachers want to hear from you and what you are proud of in your classroom.
Join me as a guest on the podcast.
You can also be a part of Leveling Up coaching episode if there is an area of your teaching that you like to improve or enhance. Join me on the podcast for a Leveling Up Coaching Episode.