This is episode 6 in my 2023 summer headspace series. This is a chance to revisit episodes from the previous school year during the summer months when you may have a little extra time. Beginning August 28th, you will see new episodes with exciting new topics every Monday. For today we take a look back at episodes 79 where Ben Fisher-Rodriguez shows how to do a Write and Discuss and episode 90 where Kaitlin Leppert talks us through parallel texts. These two activities work really well together. Let’s jump in.
- Ben Fisher (79): the benefits of using Write and Discuss
- Logistics of doing a Write and Discuss
- – when you us it
- – how you do it
- – the procedure
- – what you can do after
- Ben’s pro tips
- Kaitlin Leppert (90): engaging students in a parallel text
- – creating an original text
- – whole Class parallel texts
- – individual/small group parallel texts
- specific examples
- Combining Write and Discuss with a Parallel Text.
- 79: How to Do a Write and Discuss with Ben Fisher-Rodriguez
- 90: Parallel Texts in the Language Classroom with Kaitlin Leppert
Follow wherever you listen to podcasts.
Teachers want to hear from you and what you are proud of in your classroom.
Join me on the podcast.
We record conversations remotely, so you can be anywhere.