In this episode we talk about the effectiveness of providing students with choice in the language classroom. Why should we consider this? What does it look like in practice? Maureen Lamb, a Latin and Ancient Greek teacher in West Hartford, CT, joins me to talk through the logistics and benefits of student choice in their language learning.
Maureen speaks about:
- what led her to look into making “choice” a part of her students’ learning experience.
- the results of implementing (offering) choices to her students.
- the various ways that she has used to offer choice to students.
- the student perspective and experience when given choice.
- assessment and keeping it all manageable.
Connect with Maureen Lamb:
- email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @latintechtools