Do you use reading as a source of comprehensible input in your language classroom? In this episode, we dive into the topic of reading with Ashley Mikkelsen, a Spanish teacher in North Dakota, who shares suggestions and ideas for engaging reading activities that you can do right away in your classroom. Ashley has a true passion for making reading fun and interactive for students. So, grab your notebook and pen, and get ready to add lots of pre, during, and post reading activities to your next lesson.
Topics in this Episode:
- Ashley’s journey with literacy
- the benefits of reading in the language acquisition process
- simply reading or truly engaging with a text
- activities for any reading:
- during reading
- after reading and leveraging the content
Connect with Ashley Mikkelsen:
Follow wherever you listen to podcasts.
Teachers want to hear from you and what you are proud of in your classroom.
Join me on the podcast.
We record conversations remotely, so you can be anywhere.