In this episode we talk about movie and picture talks in the language classroom. This a popular and effective Comprehensible Input (CI) procedure that uses visual story-telling. This process helps students to acquire and reenforce vocabulary and language structures in context. Sarah Moghtader, a French in Massachusetts, joins me to talk us through the benefits of picture and movie talks and how to do them with students in the classroom.
Sarah speaks specifically about:
- what picture and movie talks are
- why picture and movie talks are a useful CI approach to teaching language
- procedure and techniques
- what to look for in a useful story, book, or movie clip
- where to find these resources
- working through a story and extension activities
Links references in the discussion:
Connect with Sarah Moghtader:
- Website: mmemoghtader.com
- Twitter: @WldLangToolbox
Work with Joshua either in person or remotely.