How do you, your department or school support and integrate students with learning disabilities into your language program? In this episode, we are talking about teaching all students, with a particular focus on students with learning disabilities. I’m joined by Danja Mahoney, a Latin and Spanish teacher in Massachusetts, who has done extensive research on this topic. She is here to speak about her doctoral research with actionable tips and advice for all of us.
Topics in this episode:
- Can every student succeed in a language class?
- Are there students whose disability prevents them from learning a language?
- The research on the success of students with disabilities learning a language.
- What teachers can do to build the type of engagement necessary for students with learning disabilities to learn language.
- Examples of accommodations and modifications that teachers can implement to support all students in their language classes.
Connect withe Danja Mahoney:
Follow wherever you listen to podcasts.
Teachers want to hear from you and what you are proud of in your classroom.
Join me on the podcast.
We record conversations remotely, so you can be anywhere.