After an exciting and productive summer I am back with new episodes of the World Language Classroom podcast. In this episode We will talk about setting the tone for the school year along with some ideas for getting to know your students and beginning to build a sense of community in the classroom. I also speak about what I have been up to this summer and what you can expect for this school year on the podcast. I’m so happy to be back with you.
Topics in this episode:
My goals in the language classroom:
- To use the target language to communicate authentically and with purpose.
- To be able to infer (Comprehensible Inout) and use circumlocution.
- To use the target language more than learning about it.
- To know how to learn about cultural aspects and then to use that information to engage respectfully and confidently.
- To create an environment that is comfortable and supportive, not fearful. Low affective filter. Take risks and make mistakes!
- To participate & be part of a community
Ideas for engaging students from day 1 from Leslie Grahn, Elena Spathis, Justin (Spanish Plans), Tim Eagan, Ms Morgan and Adam Giedd,
Work with Joshua either in person or remotely.