In this episode we are talking about 90%+ target language use in the classroom. We start with where this comes from and why we want to do it, then I ask 4 questions about what is happening in your classroom. These questions will help to focus on some of the challenge areas and I provide some ways to address them.
- Q1: Are prompts and tasks at the appropriate proficiency level?
- Q2. Do students have the language tools they need to communicate?
- Q3. Are students held accountable for using the target language?
- Q4. Are all the students actively engaged and interested?
Links referenced in this episode:
- Blog post on the above Q&A
- Blog post on Target Language Use and Student Accountability
- Episode #17 with Tracey Rucker (Co-Created Classrooms)
Work with Joshua either in person or remotely.
Follow wherever you listen to podcasts.