Have you listened to the last 2 episodes about Comprehension-Based Language Teaching and Standards-Based Grading? I referenced the book Honing Our Craft, World Language Teaching Today as I prepared those topics. In today’s episode I have the 2 editors of Honing Our Craft, Dr. Florencia Henshaw and Dr. Kim Potowski, who speak about their objectives behind this project, working through the content with 15 contributors and how language teachers can most efficiently and effectively use this very user-friendly resource.
Honing Our Craft
- Edited by Florecia Henshaw (Director of Advanced Spanish at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign) & Kim Potowski (Professor of Spanish Linguistics at the University of Illinois, Chicago)
- 12 chapters written by educators for educators, with a focus on bridging the gap between research and practical application.
- Practical applications and suggestions for language educators that they can adapt to their particular contexts.
- Use this link and the discount code JOSHUA25HOC to save 25% on the book.
In This Episode:
- What Florencia and Kim would you like educators to gain from reading Honing Our Craft.
- The “user friendly”chapter layout.
- The process of editing a volume like Honing Our Craft, where the initial idea come from and the writer/editor relationship.
- How Florencia and Kim suggest that teachers use Honing Our Craft
Remember to use this link and the discount code JOSHUA25HOC to get save 25% on the book.
Connect with Dr. Florencia Henshaw:
Connect with Dr. Kim Potowski:
- Instagram: @_kimpossibility_
Teachers want to hear from you and what you are proud of in your classroom.
Join me as a guest on the podcast.
You can also be a part of Leveling Up coaching episode if there is an area of your teaching that you like to improve or enhance. Join me on the podcast for a Leveling Up Coaching Episode.