In this episode, we are talking about skill building and how we can help guide students in moving beyond content mastery and using all that vocabulary and those language structures to communicate. Andrea Isabelli, a French teacher in Illinois, joins me to talk about how she supports communicative skill development with her students.
- Transatlantic Educators Dialogue Program (TED)
- Defining skills, curriculum, proficiency and competence.
- What language curriculum has traditionally focused on.
- Some guidance with skill development.
- Using content to build skills throughout units and on summative assessments.
Connect with Andrea Isabelli:
- Twitter: @Andrea Isabelli
- Instagram: @aisabelli369
- Email: email@example.com
Work with Joshua either in person or remotely.
Teachers want to hear from you and what you are proud of in your classroom. Join me on the podcast. We record conversations remotely, so you can be anywhere.