This episode is the first in a series of episodes that I will publish 4-5 times a year. In these “Go-To Activities for Your Teacher Toolbox” episodes you will hear suggestions for go-to activities and games that require little-to-no prep and can be easily modified for any language or proficiency level.
Why Games and Activities:
- useful teaching and learning tool
- particularly useful when engaging and motivating unwilling and disinterested students
- opportunities to practice speaking and understanding the target language
- playing in (with) the language and building confidence
- Brain Breaks – keep interest and focus
- provide a relaxed context for risk-taking, lowering the affective filter
and building community in the classroom.
4 games and activities that are:
- little to no prep
- can be pulled out at any time
- are easily adapted to proficiency level of class
The games and activities:
- Let’s Go (Digital Version)
- Cards with Secret Card
- Wrap around
Work with Joshua either in person or remotely.
Pingback: No Prep Group Speaking or Writing Activity | World Language Classroom