In this episode we look at how we structure our world language classrooms. How can we redesign our classrooms so that they are more communicative and support risk-taking, promote community, and help students rise in proficiency? I’m joined by Darcy Rogers, Spanish Teacher and founder of OWL (Organic World Language), who helps us all re-envision what our classroom can be.
Darcy speaks about:
- the traditional classroom structure and the obstacles it creates
- how we can remove these obstacles
- the linguistic and social-emotional benefits of removing these obstacles
- the foundations of OWL methodology
- infusing pieces of OWL into our classrooms
Connect with Darcy Rogers:
- Twiter: @OWLanguage
- Instagram: @owlanguage
- Facebook: @OrganicWorldLanguage
- OWL Collaborative (Facebook Group)
- Website: www.owlanguage.com
Work with Joshua either in person or remotely.