In this episode we talk about grammar. This is always a hot topic in language teaching with lots of questions about how (or even if) we should do it. [sign up for Talking Points]
I am joined by Mike Travers, a teacher in Massachusetts, who has presented on this topic many times at teacher conferences, having been named “Best of Conference.” So, who better to help with this conversation?
Mike speaks about…
- The role of grammar in communicative language teaching.
- ACTFL’s Core Practice of Teaching Grammar as a Concept and in Context.
- Why is it essential and beneficial that language structures be taught in context.
- Procedures for teaching grammar in context and as a concept.
- Possible benefits of explicit grammar instruction.
Connect with Mike Travers: