Where would you say that you are on the path toward teaching for proficiency? In this episode, we look at the Roadmap to Proficiency framework. This is the framework that Devon Gunning (from La Libre Language Learning) uses as she mentors teachers working toward the goal of teaching with a proficiency objective. Devon joins me today to help us all see where we are on the roadmap with guidance on how we can move further along.
Topics in this Episode:
- Devon’s proficiency journey, where she started and what she has learned along the way
- a teacher’s journey (roadmap) to proficiency broken down into 5 phases/steps of where a teacher might identify on their journey
- the identities with a description of each phases/step so that listeners can see where they might be
- guidance for teachers to move themselves along the roadmap
- suggestions for leveling up: Wanderer to Explorer, Explorer to Navigator, Navigator to Globetrotter, Globetrotter to Local
Connect with Devon Gunning:
- Instagram: @lalibrelanguagelearning
- YouTube: La Libre Language Learning
- Facebook: lalibrelanguagelearning
- Blog: lalibrelanguagelearning.com
- Download your Roadmap to Proficiency
- Practical and Comprehensible Virtual Conference, April 21-23
Follow wherever you listen to podcasts.
Teachers want to hear from you and what you are proud of in your classroom.
Join me on the podcast.
We record conversations remotely, so you can be anywhere.