In this episode we talk about equity in the in language classroom, but it’s really about equity in any classroom. [sign up for Talking Points]
I am joined by A.C. Quintero who helps us to understand the importance of creating a classroom and student experience that moves beyond equality and focuses on an authentic equity.
A.C. speaks about…
- what students “bring” to the classroom that language teachers need to be aware of.
- how we can assess in ways that are equitable and recognize students’ skills in different areas.
- culturally responsive teaching and how this benefits student.
- teaching equitably in intentional ways.
- biases and our responsibility as teachers to recognize them.
Connect with A.C. Quintero:
- Instagram: @a.c.quintero
- Twitter: @klasekastellano
- Facebook Group: Teaching from The Trenches
- Website: acquinterobooks.com
- Novels and Resources by A.C. Quintero
- Youtube channel