Are you getting the most out of the interpersonal activities that you use in your classroom? In this episode, THE Meredith White, a Spanish teacher in Georgia, joins me with lots of ideas for interpersonal activities that you can use right away in your classroom. So many of my guests have mentioned Meredith White and the activities that she shares. I had to get right to the source …So let’s jump in.
Topics in this episode:
- Meredith’s personal journey with interpersonal activities
- feedback from Thomas Sauer : “But what’s the point?”
- what makes an activity communicative and what about those partner activities that appear to be interactive and interpersonal, but might not be
- how prescribed (curriculum) grammar and vocabulary come into play with communicative activities?
- effective interpersonal (and communicative) activities that we can use in our classrooms
Connect with Meredith White:
- Twitter: @PRHSspanish
- Instagram: @PRHSspanish
- Meredith’s Templates (including the roster activity)
Work with Joshua either in person or remotely.
Follow wherever you listen to podcasts.
Teachers want to hear from you and what you are proud of in your classroom.
Join me on the podcast.
We record conversations remotely, so you can be anywhere.
Hi Joshua–Did Meredith share her roster template with you? Is it share-able? I’m going to start incorporating that activity tomorrow!
Here it is: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1k3BIrQchiJ7Z2sKTrE7ll3FSfMELIh3cyn39rmbHDkA/edit?usp=sharing