In this episode I’m taking on the question of leveling up. We often talk about proficiency levels and the output that goes along with each level. We’ll take a look at some concrete examples of language produced at each level and I’ll share some suggestions for how we can support students in leveling up their language.
Topics in This Episode:
- The ACTFL Proficiency Levels (Interpersonal)
- Novice Low/Mid/High: single words, chunks, chunked phrases.
- Intermediate Low/Mid/High: discrete sentences, strings of sentences, moving toward paragraphs
- Advanced Low/Mid/High: paragraphs, multiple paragraphs
- Concrete examples of the language that students produce at each level and sub level and what can they do to move up a level or sub level.
Links mentioned in this episode
- Blog Post with PDF download of what language output looks like at each level with suggestions for leveling up
- Episode #12 on Proficiency Levels
Work with Joshua either in person or remotely.
Follow wherever you listen to podcasts.
Teachers want to hear from you and what you are proud of in your classroom.
Join me on the podcast.
We record conversations remotely, so you can be anywhere.