In this episode, we’re talking about inspiring and sparking enthusiasm in our students. Katie Acosta and Amy Haney, Spanish teachers in Ohio, join me today to explore this topic. Their blog, sparkenthusiasm.com, is dedicated to building student excitement and genuine interest in the language classroom.
- the benefits of positive energy in the classroom, both from a student and teacher perspective.
- what enthusiastic students look like and how we know it’s authentic.
- ways teachers can initiate (spark if you will) enthusiasm in students.
- how teachers can continue to foster enthusiasm.
- concrete ideas for inspiring student interest; class activities, compelling inout and output.
- how teachers can keep their own spark and flame going.
Connect with Amy and Katie:
- Website: sparkenthusiasm.co
- Instagram: @spar
- Twitter: @SparkEnthusiasm
- Pinterest: /spar
- Facebook: /Spark
Teachers want to hear from you and what you are proud of in your classroom. Join me on the podcast. We record conversations remotely, so you can be anywhere.
Follow wherever you listen to podcasts.