In this episode we unpack the 5 C’: Communication, Cultures, Connections, Comparisons, and Communities, I am joined by Dr. Catherine Ritz who walks us through what exactly the 5 C’s are and the benefits of using them in our language classrooms.
Catherine speaks about:
- the World Readiness Standards and their relationship to the 5 C’s
- what the 5 C’s are with an example of what each might look like in a unit or lesson
- whether the 5 C’s should be used independently or interwoven
- addressing all of the 5 C’s in the target language, beginning at the novice level
- examples of units that include the 5 C’s
Connect with Catherine Ritz:
- Website: www.ritzforeignlang.org
- Twitter: @ritzforeignlang
Work with Joshua either in person or remotely.