Class Starters (often called Do Nows, Warm Ups or Quick Questions) are a great way to set the tone for the work to be done in class. It is also a great opportunity to have students review vocabulary and grammar regularly so that the concepts stay active. These activities are also an effective tool for class management, particularly when students know that they are receiving a grade. typically give a grade out of 5 points for each day.
Below are some ideas for class starters in a world language class as well the document that students use to record their answers.
- Reorganize jumbled-up letters in a word
- Write words in singular or plural
- Write correct form of an adjective
- Write correct verb forms (in various tenses)
- Organize words to make a sentenc
Here is a more extensive list of Do Now Activities.
Click here for my blog post about short activities that can be used as Do Nows or activities for Fast Finishers.