I call this game A Vos Risques (French) and A Su Riesgo (Spanish). It’s an interactive Powerpoint game with many opportunities for students to practice and review vocabulary in the target language. It is a great way to use the animation options in Powerpoint. I typically divide the class into teams that play together against the other teams.
- –Teams choose a square and say the number. The teacher clicks on the number to reveal a question. The number is hyperlinked to a slide in the presentation.
- –The team answers the question on the slide. A click on that screen reveals the answer for verification.
- –This is where the “RISK” comes into play. If the team is correct, they choose a colored question mark on the slide (I put three options.) that will reveal 1, 2 or 3 points, a Zut (French)/Caramba (Spanish)–lose points, a slide with directions to take a point from another team or to give points to another team. I put a home icon on this screen that is hyperlinked back to the gameboard.
- –The team with the most points once all numbers have been chosen wins the game.
- –The three different point possibilities on each screen allow for this activity to be used multiple times with the same class.
You can create this activity using powerpoint animation and hyperlinking or you can download complete version of this game below:
- Food and Drinks
- Class Objects
- Rooms and Furniture
- Fruit and Vegetables
- City Places
- Jobs and Professions