Below is a grid from Kathleen Cushman’s Fires in the Mind: What Kids Can Tell us About Motivation and Mastery. It is a clear and concise review of teaching objectives, traditional homework assignments related to the objects, suggestions for more interactive and student-centered assignments, and suggestion of when and where to complete these activities.
- 1,436,297 hits
- Foreign Language Reading and Writing Tasks with Student-Created Content
- Communicative Language Teaching Mindset Shift. That Was Then. This Is Now.
- Teaching Foreign Language Grammar: Inductive or Deductive?
- Bloom’s (updated) taxonomy in the Foreign Language Classroom (SlideShare)
- Design Communicative Activities in the Foreign Language Classroom (SlideShare)
- Effective Feedback in the Foreign Language Classroom (SlideShare)
- Bloom’s (updated) Taxonomy in the Language Classroom
- Feedback in the Foreign Language Classroom
- Foreign Language Exercises and Tasks; Task-Based Activities
- Design Communicative Activities in the Foreign Language Classroom
Top Posts & Pages
- Welcome World Language Teachers
- Task-Based Activities in the Foreign Language Classroom
- Assessing Proficiency with Student-Friendly Can Do Statements
- Bloom's (updated) Taxonomy in the Language Classroom
- Foreign Language Goal Setting Using ACTFL Can-Do Statements
- Using the Gouin Series in the Foreign Language Classroom
- Class Management System to Keep Students in the Target Language
- The PACE Model
- Hide and Speak (or Write): Foreign Language Activity to Practice Speaking and Writing
- The PACE Model: Teach Foreign Language Grammar Inductively as a Concept