In this episode we talk about supporting new language teachers in your department. If you are an administrator, a new teacher, or a colleague with new department members there is a place for you to jump into this conversation. [sign up for Talking Points]
I am joined by William Anderson, who leads a district program with 9 schools and over 40 teachers in the language department.
William speaks specifically about…
- what to look for when hiring teachers.
- how to support new teachers in the areas of classroom management, assessments and planning.
- what a “good” class or lesson looks like.
- what new teachers should be asking for support with (but don’t know that they need to ask).
- how colleagues can support new teachers.
Connect with William Anderson
- Twitter: @PequaWorldLang