The focus of this project is travel and geography vocabulary. Once students make the scrapbook of a trip, there are opportunities to use the books to do additional speaking, reading, listening and writing activities.
- Begin by giving a sheet with directions for creating a travel scrapbook with directions for each page including examples.
- Then hand out a storyboard for students to do a rough draft of their book.
- Students then assemble the travel scrapbook.
- When the books are done, students read their book to the entire class or to a small group.
- Provide a sheet to those students who are listening so they can fill in information when they are listening to other students in the class read their final book.
A final activity gives students a chance to use the information that they recorded during the presentations to write sentences about that they heard and saw. You can download complete, ready-to-use versions of these projects here: