Students enjoy practicing verb forms with this powerpoint activity. It is called “Against the clock.” On each screen there are subjects and infinitives. Students are given 6 subject/verb pairs and 40-50 seconds to write the correct verb form, either on paper or on a mini white board. When the time is up the sentences disappear and the students stop writing. The animation can be set to do this so that all the teacher has to do is click once to start. After it is done the teacher can click once more and the correct sentences come on the screen. It is quite impressive how quickly students can write the correct verb forms when they are trying to “beat the clock.”
- 1,756,284 hits
- Foreign Language Speaking and Writing Activities
- Foreign Language Digital Task Cards (Boom)
- How Can Teachers Use Research to Guide Their Language Teaching?
- What is Communicative Language Teaching?
- “Who is it?” Guess Who Activity for Level 1 Foreign Language Students
- Teaching Millennials and Gez Z in the Language Classroom
- World Language Classroom Newsletter
- Foreign Language Reading and Writing Tasks with Student-Created Content
- Communicative Language Teaching Mindset Shift. That Was Then. This Is Now.
- Teaching Foreign Language Grammar: Inductive or Deductive?
Top Posts & Pages
- Work With Me
- Welcome World Language Teachers
- Bloom's (updated) Taxonomy in the Language Classroom
- Assessing Proficiency with Student-Friendly Can Do Statements
- Teaching Foreign Language Circumlocution
- Foreign Language Speaking Activity with Playing Cards
- Foreign Language Number and Color Practice Activity
- Design Communicative Activities in the Foreign Language Classroom
- The PACE Model
- Using the Gouin Series in the Foreign Language Classroom