This is a very engaging and interactive way for students to practice vocabulary in a communicative way. It requires students to speak to everyone in the class in order to complete the task. The activity employs information-gap and jigsaw language teaching techniques to engage student participation.
Each student has pictures of 4 things/objects (the example below uses city locations) and students also have a sheet with all of the objects. Students circulate and ask their classmates if they have the various objects (or are going to tge various places in the example below) and record their name if the answer is YES.
This is a great way to get students talking to everyone in the class and it reinforces the vocabulary through repetition in a meaningful and communicative context.
Download Whole-Class Communicative Speaking Activities Here:
- French Speaking Activity with Animal Vocabulary
- Spanish Speaking Activity with Animal Vocabulary
- French Speaking Activity with City Locations
- Spanish Speaking Activity with City Locations
- French Speaking Activity with Food Vocabulary
- Spanish Speaking Activity with Food Vocabulary
- Additional Speaking Activities on many more topics