In this episode I speak with Katya Hottenstein.
She and I used to work together and we both started our journey toward teaching toward proficiency around the same time. Katya shares her insights and experience embracing proficiency as her goals in the classroom.
She speaks specifically about…
- her first few years of teaching before embracing proficiency as a goal
- when she started looking outside of the box and why
- what she started to do differently and the results
- how she uses CI (Comprehensible Input) in her teaching
- the benefits of teaching with CI with a focus on proficiency