Project Based Learning is being implemented more often in foreign language classes. These projects provide opportunities for students to engage with the language authentically.
It is also a chance for students to use their language skills while researching and presenting the final product. Here are some Project Based Learning tips and suggestion to keep in mind to help ensure a high quality process and product:
- A concrete timeline that helps students learn how to benchmark and manage projects.
- An engaging presentation of the project that grabs student interest.
- Academic rigor and alignment with standards with a focus on content and skill mastery.
- An essential question that is based on the appropriate skill and age level of students.
- A product that demonstrates knowledge and skill in which students show evidence that they have mastered the standards and objectives of the project.
- Applied learning so that students think and do something new with their knowledge or skills.
- An authentic audience that helps to keep the process and product focused on authenticity.
- High-quality products or performance at the end of the project that demonstrates the results through applied knowledge and skills