This is a great activity to get students saying (or writing) complete sentences in the target language that demonstrate the meaning of the verb. Powerpoint animation can be a very effective tool for these writing and speaking activities.
Here are two possibilities:
- Students write sentences based on the subject and infinitive on each slide when a infinitive and a subject pronoun are revealed. Students also see 4 possible verb forms. An additional click can reveal the correct form for students to verify their answer and present a question word so that students can complete the sentence with an answer to the question word.
- Another option is for two students to go to the board (where powerpoint is projected) and each one has a fly swatter. The activity begins just as the first activity, but in this version the first student to slap the correct verb form says a complete sentence with the correct verb form once the form is revealed and the question word appears.
These are fairly straight-forward uses of powerpoint animation. You can also download complete version with 50+ slides here:
- Spanish AR verbs
- Spanish Regular Verbs
- Spanish Stem-Change Verbs
- Spanish Imperfect
- Spanish Regular Preterite
- Spanish Regular and Irregular Preterite
- French ER Verbs
- French Regular Verbs
- French Spelling and Accent-Change Verbs
- French Imperfect
- French Regular Passé Composé with Avoir
- French Passé Composé with Avior and Être