This is a document that I create to help myself stay focused on effective and productive language teaching. I assembled the criteria from many different sources including state and national standards as well as my own research in applied linguistics and psycholinguitics (second language acquisition). I keep the document handy and refer to it once in a while to remind myself of what needs to be happening in my classroom. Each school year I make it a point to focus on one of the areas and make a strong effort to improve in that area. These topics are typically what are evaluated in highly-effective foreign/world language programs so using a document like this on a personal level will help to keep the teacher track and prepared for more formal evaluations.
- 1,484,942 hits
- World Language Classroom Newsletter
- Foreign Language Reading and Writing Tasks with Student-Created Content
- Communicative Language Teaching Mindset Shift. That Was Then. This Is Now.
- Teaching Foreign Language Grammar: Inductive or Deductive?
- Bloom’s (updated) taxonomy in the Foreign Language Classroom (SlideShare)
- Design Communicative Activities in the Foreign Language Classroom (SlideShare)
- Effective Feedback in the Foreign Language Classroom (SlideShare)
- Bloom’s (updated) Taxonomy in the Language Classroom
- Feedback in the Foreign Language Classroom
- Foreign Language Exercises and Tasks; Task-Based Activities
Top Posts & Pages
- Foreign Language Assessment: Knowing about language and doing something with language
- Foreign Language Writing Activities for Aspiring Intermediate Learners
- Welcome World Language Teachers
- Foreign Language Goal Setting Using ACTFL Can-Do Statements
- Foreign Language Assessment Rubrics (Interpersonal, Interpretive, Presentaional)
- Using the Gouin Series in the Foreign Language Classroom
- Teaching Foreign Language Circumlocution
- Foreign Language Number and Color Practice Activity
- Running Dictation in the Foreign Language Classroom
- Setting Goals in the Foreign Language Classroom