This is a document that I create to help myself stay focused on effective and productive language teaching. I assembled the criteria from many different sources including state and national standards as well as my own research in applied linguistics and psycholinguitics (second language acquisition). I keep the document handy and refer to it once in a while to remind myself of what needs to be happening in my classroom. Each school year I make it a point to focus on one of the areas and make a strong effort to improve in that area. These topics are typically what are evaluated in highly-effective foreign/world language programs so using a document like this on a personal level will help to keep the teacher track and prepared for more formal evaluations.
- 2,017,045 hits
- 2. Language Teaching Then and Now
- 1. Who is Joshua and What Are We Doing?
- All About the World Language Classroom Podcast
- Differentiation in the Language Classroom
- French & Spanish Digital Verb Form Activities
- Authentic Resources in the World Language Classroom
- NCSSFL ACTFL Intercultural Can Do Statements
- French & Spanish Digital Vocabulary Activity
- French and Spanish Verb Form Magic Squares (Digital, Google Slides™)
- French and Spanish Vocabulary Magic Squares (Digital, Google Slides™)
Top Posts & Pages
- Assessing Proficiency with Student-Friendly Can Do Statements
- Welcome World Language Teachers
- The PACE Model: Teach Foreign Language Grammar Inductively as a Concept
- The PACE Model
- What Does Language Look Like at the Various Proficiency Levels?
- Teaching Foreign Language Circumlocution
- Build Foreign Language Proficiency with Language Ladders
- Virtual Workshops
- Suggestions for Foreign Language Choice Board Options