This is a great interactive writing or speaking activity for students. Students throw a die three times and write a sentence based on the number sequence (or they can throw three dice at once and line them up). Each number corresponds to picture of a subject pronoun, verb and verb tense. Students write the sentence or say it out loud. This is a great way to get students writing without translating. Subjects and verbs can also be easily written on the board and numbered 1-6 along with various verb tenses as well. This is a grid that I use with students.
- 1,454,007 hits
- Foreign Language Reading and Writing Tasks with Student-Created Content
- Communicative Language Teaching Mindset Shift. That Was Then. This Is Now.
- Teaching Foreign Language Grammar: Inductive or Deductive?
- Bloom’s (updated) taxonomy in the Foreign Language Classroom (SlideShare)
- Design Communicative Activities in the Foreign Language Classroom (SlideShare)
- Effective Feedback in the Foreign Language Classroom (SlideShare)
- Bloom’s (updated) Taxonomy in the Language Classroom
- Feedback in the Foreign Language Classroom
- Foreign Language Exercises and Tasks; Task-Based Activities
- Design Communicative Activities in the Foreign Language Classroom
Top Posts & Pages
- Assessing Proficiency with Student-Friendly Can Do Statements
- Welcome World Language Teachers
- Foreign Language Goal Setting Using ACTFL Can-Do Statements
- Task-Based Activities in the Foreign Language Classroom
- Class Management System to Keep Students in the Target Language
- Foreign Language Verb and Vocabulary Activities Using Playing Cards
- What Does Language Look Like at the Various Proficiency Levels?
- Language Proficiency Levels and Leveling up
- Foreign Language Lesson Planning with Backwards Design
- 10 Ways to Use Task Cards in the Foreign Language Classroom