This is a great interactive writing or speaking activity for students. Students throw a die three times and write a sentence based on the number sequence (or they can throw three dice at once and line them up). Each number corresponds to picture of a subject pronoun, verb and verb tense. Students write the sentence or say it out loud. This is a great way to get students writing without translating. Subjects and verbs can also be easily written on the board and numbered 1-6 along with various verb tenses as well. This is a grid that I use with students.
- 1,513,574 hits
- World Language Classroom Newsletter
- Foreign Language Reading and Writing Tasks with Student-Created Content
- Communicative Language Teaching Mindset Shift. That Was Then. This Is Now.
- Teaching Foreign Language Grammar: Inductive or Deductive?
- Bloom’s (updated) taxonomy in the Foreign Language Classroom (SlideShare)
- Design Communicative Activities in the Foreign Language Classroom (SlideShare)
- Effective Feedback in the Foreign Language Classroom (SlideShare)
- Bloom’s (updated) Taxonomy in the Language Classroom
- Feedback in the Foreign Language Classroom
- Foreign Language Exercises and Tasks; Task-Based Activities
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Ways to Use Task Cards in the Foreign Language Classroom
- The Role of Short and Long-Term Memory in Language Learning
- Welcome World Language Teachers
- Introducing Writing in the Novice Level Foreign Language Classroom
- Foreign Language Speaking Activities Using Pictures and Photos
- Task-Based Activities in the Foreign Language Classroom
- Bloom's (updated) Taxonomy in the Language Classroom
- Foreign Language Goal Setting Using ACTFL Can-Do Statements
- The PACE Model
- Assessing Proficiency with Student-Friendly Can Do Statements