This is a great interactive writing or speaking activity for students. Students throw a die three times and write a sentence based on the number sequence (or they can throw three dice at once and line them up). Each number corresponds to picture of a subject pronoun, verb and verb tense. Students write the sentence or say it out loud. This is a great way to get students writing without translating. Subjects and verbs can also be easily written on the board and numbered 1-6 along with various verb tenses as well. This is a grid that I use with students.
- 1,756,442 hits
- Foreign Language Speaking and Writing Activities
- Foreign Language Digital Task Cards (Boom)
- How Can Teachers Use Research to Guide Their Language Teaching?
- What is Communicative Language Teaching?
- “Who is it?” Guess Who Activity for Level 1 Foreign Language Students
- Teaching Millennials and Gez Z in the Language Classroom
- World Language Classroom Newsletter
- Foreign Language Reading and Writing Tasks with Student-Created Content
- Communicative Language Teaching Mindset Shift. That Was Then. This Is Now.
- Teaching Foreign Language Grammar: Inductive or Deductive?
Top Posts & Pages
- Work With Me
- Welcome World Language Teachers
- Assessing Proficiency with Student-Friendly Can Do Statements
- Bloom's (updated) Taxonomy in the Language Classroom
- Foreign Language Number and Color Practice Activity
- Teaching Foreign Language Circumlocution
- Foreign Language Speaking Activity with Playing Cards
- Foreign Language Assessment Rubrics (Interpersonal, Interpretive, Presentaional)
- Foreign Language Project Based Learning
- My Story